Sunday, January 06, 2008

Nobody Reports on a Monday

Take a Break


Nobody’s Opinion: I don’t know about you, but I had to take a break from politics this weekend--- I’m sorry. As important as these politicians like to make us think they are to our lives, something tells most of us, that any one of them could be elected and not much would change, no matter what they say. Our schools will continue to degrade, our jobs will continue to disappear, our soldiers will still remain in Iraq, Korea, Germany, Japan---and we will still have to see the same faces on our TV day after day.

The same sitcoms will show the same politically correct agenda’s---homosexuals will be found kissing more and more on prime time---singing and dancing contests will be something to look forward to, and the ever inevitable “White girl goes missing and shows up dead” will take up our weeks.

We’re getting bored, which is one of the real reasons Obama, of course, made such a big splash in Iowa, isn’t it? Oprah came out and made him into the book of the month, just like she made everyone rush out and buy the “THE SECRET”…which is the silliest book you could ever buy.

But hey--- I bought it. I thought it promised the “secret” to success. It said all you had to do is “wish” for something and it will magically come to you.

So far, the winning Powerball ticket has not appeared in my hand.

Obama is basically saying the same thing. “We are all one people.”

Well, you could have fooled us.

Thanks Obama, that’s nice to know---now, where’s your secret going to take us?

The good news is he put a big dent into Hillary’s ambitions and so, for one minute, we will rejoice.

But not for long, because Hillary will be back, and Obama will be no better, which brings me to the subject:

Nobody’s Perfect; She can sing! She can dance! She can get on the news just about any night of the week!---but Britany Spears finally met her match when she locked herself in a room and refused to give over her kid.

I suggest we all pray. I doubt anything else will help this sad woman, unless Michael Jackson decides to marry her.

Nobody Knows: Electrical grids are failing all over our country. Millions are being left without power, every single day…and it seems there is no state that has NOT had a failure.

Now--- if I were in a conspiratorial mood, which I sometimes love to get into...and I were in charge of Homeland Security--- and I knew that more than likely our country was going to get “hit” again---instead of coming out and saying, “Well, we know there are nukes here, we just don’t know when they are going to set them off.” I would plan a series of electrical outages so that everyone would go out and get supplies in order to be prepared.

It would force them to. I could blame it on global warming.

I mean, we all know that trees get knocked down…but for the electricity to take weeks to come back on?

Why do I feel funny about this?

I’ll tell you why. The other night some “expert” was on the radio saying that you could survive the ‘bird flu' if you had enough supplies to last for ten day.

Does that make sense to you?

Does a flu just disappear off the earth in ten days?

Do the birds just fly away?

Ten days seems to be the number they want you to remember…and it all started with Y2K.

I’m brushing up on my “morose” code. Ten days is just too long without the Internet.

Nobody Cares: A new word is being splashed all over the news: populism. I had to go and look the sucker up. It seems to mean different things to whoever is using it. It is supposed to mean: Advocate of the rights of the common people.

But somehow, in many headlines, it sounds more like a word being used to replace the word “communism.”

After all, John Edwards, Obama, Hillary, Huckabee, John McCain…are populists that all want to redistribute wealth from “some” and give it to somebody else.

Why don’t they just call it popucomlism?

Nobody Wins: The Unions now are going global. That means that union members in this country will have to give up their sovereignty to other countries, but hey….globalization give them no choice. Membership is down everywhere.

Waiters of the world….UNITE!

Nobody’s Fool: With all the talk about taxes, I have a suggestion. Why don’t they just freeze gas taxes? No matter how high the price of gas goes, they should only be able to collect no more than 2 cents a gallon.

The sales tax on gas alone is probably paying for the whole Iraq war, and something tells me, filling up the new hybrid cars will cost even more.

I don’t know. When ever they cut a tax, they just stick it on to something else, don’t they? What do they think we are....fools?

copyright 2008

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home