Monday, April 28, 2008

Welcome to the The Green Twilight Zone



Nobody's Opinion: I finally figured it out. The recent writer's strike wasn't actually a strike after all...somewhere there was a big meeting where all the writers, politicians, the United Nations, Newt, Nancy, Gore, and the Reverend Wright.. all got together to discuss how to write in global warming and energy concerns into all their movie and television scripts.

As if the world depended on the message, they now have to put into all our favorite weekly sitcoms global warming, and "giving."

I admit, when I heard that my old favorite show, 24 was going to put a woman in the script as President, I said.."Well, that's it! Just see if they get ME to watch it...NO WAY!" And then, Mr. Sutherland's boy went to jail...and then we found out that they are not going to play the popular series until right before Hillary's running against McCain, sometime in late summer...to influence us at the voting booth.

And Hillary and Bill sitting in the Soprano's last show diner was just a fluke...right.

Being as I'm the only one on the blogs that seems to be onto this whole thing, I've nothing to lose here. We are being massively "socially engineered" and no one seems to be upset besides me and Ben Stein.

For example: In one of my favorite shows "Bones" tonight...the main character (who plays an anthropologist) said that she made so much money, she was going to put it in a tax shelter in the Cayman islands. But at the end of the show, she saves a dying hick town, by using her hard earned money to build a bridge to the town. (a bridge that had closed due to dwindling tax payers) The Senator she called, never called back.

Of course, they could have left that whole scenario out, but the writers wanted us to "relate." The message: some of you rich folks go in and give these poor middle class people money, because the government is still working on New Orleans!

Don't hold your breathe.

Then my other favorite program "Medium," started out with a classroom talk about energy. How windmills, and electric, and all this wonderful stuff runs our very lives. It was written as a third grade level science class lesson and had nothing to do with the show whatsoever. It was blatantly aimed at children.

The main character, a psychic named Alice, continue to talk about how all our oil comes from dead animals, which now is being pretty much debated as total nonsense. (Lots of dead dinosaurs walking around in those Oceans long ago.) But, like The Big Bang Theory, it will go on being taught as truth when in fact, many scientists now think oil is literally everywhere.

Then Alice's husband, (played by the wonderful actor, Jake Weber) Joe, has started his own company (since he lost his other job as an engineer) with a very pretty woman venture capitalist and then he invents some sort of energy saving devise. Right away, he hands over his control to this woman, (which is exactly what the big boys want anyone with some idea to do) and waits on his "patents."

Sometime during the hour long program...Patricia Arquette, (who plays Alice) when she is sitting in her car, makes a statement a vehicle is basically a moving gas bomb. Then she has a dream that it blows up, with her kids in it.

This has NOTHING to do with the plot.

Can you imagine what this is doing to young kids that are watching this program little minds? The subliminal message is: cars blow up, they're bad, they are moving bombs.

I've got to hand it to them. They somehow still manage to stick a story into the plots, and all the environmental green garbage that they can spit out, gets stuck in the cracks and crannies.

I guess the government is now paying for each and every single environmental plot and sentence muttered by main characters on TV... much like the corporate showings of Coke.

Wouldn't that be a trip if we found out that we the taxpayers are actually paying to have ourselves brainwashed?

And since there are so few really good programs on anymore, what are you going to do? Watch reruns of American Idol?

And as I was driving on the highway today, and noticing the nifty new huge solar powered speed limit signs put up everywhere...I got to thinking that the old ones were just fine. Each new solar powered sign must have cost at least ten-thousand dollars, as compared to maybe one hundred dollars for the old ones.

And the old ones worked just fine.

Add this to the fact that when the rich pay their "carbon dollars" to some country, what happens more often than not is poor people have to give up their homes so that they can plant eucalyptus forests, to make the rich feel better.

So, in the end, to try to remain sane, my husband and I turned on Tombstone. We stared arguing over, like a good wife and husband will do...when Val Kilmer walks up to Ringo the cowboy to kill him towards the end of the movie...I think he says:"I'm your Huckleberry."

And my husband says he says, "I'm here Huckleberry."

Neither one of us will concede he is wrong. We rewound the moment over ten times. I even made him close his eyes and listen. I told him "HEY..I'm a musician, I have sensitive ears!"

To which he answered.."There's no music here."

I hate it when he makes such logical remarks.

But I'm right. And I'm right about all this mass brain-washing too..Goebbels would be proud.

So, I could be insane. Yes, most defiantly. I agree. Popcorn please. Keep the green light on for me...I might not come out.

Or..maybe I'm really living in the twilight zone.

Care to join me? In my twilight zone, there are many colors!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, if "Medium" is one of your "favorite" shows, as you contend, then how can you NOT KNOW that the main character's name is ALLISON??

I won't even get into the rest of the context of your post because I semiagree, and I disagree on so many levels. But my main disagreement is with your assessment of "Medium". Either you watch it or you don't. But don't try to tell me that you watched the same show I did, and then write such nonsense as you did about it. Clearly we were watching two very different programs, or you and your husband were making a little of your own entertainment while it was on. I saw a smart, clever, funny, entertaining show, that was well-written and a great hour of television. If all that stuff that you wrote is all that you got out of it, then I don't know how you can enjoy television when you're spending that much time putting that much thought into the maniacal machinations of the diabolical fiends who put this stuff on our television every week. It must be so exhausting for you to try and watch it with all that divining of the subliminal messages hidden in every word.

Oh, you're right about "Tombstone". Kilmer says "I'm YOUR huckleberry." He says it twice in the movie, as a matter of fact.

You're welcome.

9:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are right. Her name is Allison. I got her real name right, but not her charactor's name. The only excuse I have is that I usually write at night, and I'm so tired most of the time, I can hardly think. I realized my mistake when I was just about to fall asleep, but by that time I thought...who cares? Not a soul reads this blog, but me. I've been writing for three years, and you can count the comments on one hand. So, to me, it's just a practice space, to practice my writing...and you're write....I'm a lousy writer...a good writer would have gotten out of bed, and gotten up, turned on the computer, looked up the mistake, coreected the mistake on all three sites...and gone back to bed. It would have taken about another 30 minutes...

But I was just so tired.

As for the show, I have not missed an episode. My husband and I have read the books it was based on. Forgive me for not remembering the author's name, I'd have to run downstairs and look it up, and I've got to go to work right now, and I'm crying, and frankly...well what can I say? Some of us are just more together than others.

Nevertheless, I stick by the premise that lots of TV programs are putting in propaganda of "social engineering" I may be a lousy writer, but I do read, quite a lot. And I envy you talent of being able to not care at all about it.

If you don't look for it, you won't notice it at all. If you don't think about the scences, the script, what the characters usually say, etc, it will not upset you at all...you can just enjoy the program and I envy you for that.

In that case, my observations drive me crazy, which at times I am. yes, it is exhausting.

I can't help myself...for instance. Once I took an art appreciation course in college, I did so well, I got a perfect score. I could once tell you who did what painting, what year, what the artists life was like when he did the painting..(even though, I usually could not spell the name right, I have a severe case of laziness when it comes to looking up names as you see, which is why I will never become any kind of real writer...

But...to finish my story...I started noticing that all the joy I once had at looking at painting was taking out of my life.

Then it occured to me that I realized I had to unlearn, what I had learned..if I was ever to just enjoy all the beautiful works of art, because my mind was so busy disecting and remembering all that I knew that I could not stand back and not pass judgement.

So you are right...I'm completley nuts.

I still love the shows...I'm just not meant to be here.

Having said that, I'd advise you, since you are my only reader, to just not read anything I write, because it's just a dairy mostly to keep myself on the planet..just in case one day I wake up and want to see just one more sunset..

Sorry to have upset you...it was not my intention.

To me, being bombarde with bad news 24 hours a day on our "telly's" when we finally get a great program to escape, the last thing I want to be reminded of is global warming, or "cars" are evil.

I miss Walt Disney.

Oh, and yes, he says it several times,...Val Kilmer's performance as Doc Holiday was just incredible. I still love to watch it. He should have won an Oscar.

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I just read what I wrote and noticed all the spelling errors...and maybe I should just quite writing entirely, or not put it in a blog.

My spelling is atrocious.

I'm tired, and crying, upset.

emotional, tired...

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home