Friday, December 19, 2008

Nobody Sees Batman



Nobody Understands: I finally watched "The Dark Knight" tonight. Of course, after hearing everyone rave about it, I was expecting to be wowed.

I can't say I was.

And here's why...

FIRST: The lady love object of Batman and the "hero" who turns into the "villian" Two-Face, was pretty lame. I could not for any reason see any romantic sparks jumping off any of these people. I'm not sure who's fault it was..it just didn't work. Neither Batman or the other guy actually looked as if they would save the girl if she fell off her chair. That made much of the movie very bland.

SECOND: It was too long, and when it should have ended it didn't. A lot of the time I was sayig out loud, " Okay, who's the bad guy now?"

And "ARE you following this?" The editing could have been better. What ended up on the floor was probably the best parts.

THIRD: Sure, Heath Ledger as the Joker did a great acting job, but I liked Jack Nickelson as the first Joker. After all, Batman IS based on comic-book charactors, but this movie left that whole comic scene feel out and pushed more for reality, which is why I suppose everyone was comparing Batman to President Bush.

Bit of a stretch...Bush, unlike Batman, has not had a "dark" childhood. He may be rich like Batman, but the whole "fighting them alone" theme was not done well, and made no sense in it's context.

FOURTH: I thought Batman actually was the best part of the movie. Due to the sad suicide of Heath, you would have never known.

FIFTH: The whole "surveillance" thing, and theme, about how Batman was right, like Bush, in keeping surveillance on a whole population a good and necessary thing...that seemed like our govenment propaganda wrapped up in a good movie....I thought it was creepy.

Sort of like...see, we CAN protect you with the right technology, which is baloney.

In other words, more social enginnering delivered in a wonderful and entertaining way.

I'm sticking to that because the ending of the movie was more a "message" than what it should have been...theatrical art.

What bothers me about this vast surveillance stuff, is---why let our enemies in the country in the first place?

Good God, Bill Clinton personally picked up 80,000 Bosnians, airlifted them and dumped them into St. Louis....and last week, the FBI raided one of our downtown banks because the Muslims here were funneling money to the jihadists.

I'm not against listening to their phone conversation or spying on them, or torture if it works.

But we have OPEN borders. And now, in my neighborhood we have camera's everywhere, not to mention GOOLGLE...

In fact, I once called the FBI on a guy here, and I was ridiculed by him...the FBI agent.

After this last month, witnessing the vast corruption on Wall Street and Washington, how can we trust them NOT to abuse this power?

On the positive side, Michael Caine as the butler was very enjoyable. He made some of the best comments in the movie about bad guys, that how many men just want to kill for the sheer joy of it, and more liberals should realized this...they don't, the fools.

They gave Mr. Caine the best lines of the movie.

Like I said...it had some good action scences, but, it wasn't what I was expecting, and I feel like maybe I'm the only one in the US that came away saying "It's was okay...but it's not what I expected. "

For me, the best part was Batman's voice...

If he could bottle that sexiness, I'd put it on my laptop's space bar.

Labels: