Monday, August 11, 2008

Nobody Flashes---Follow the Money


Nobody Flashes: Here's the story.
It's all about time. Read any "get rich" book and they will tell you the number one MOST important thing in life is time.
So...here's what's going on in my little neighborhood..St. Louis, like many mid-westerns towns, is losing mega-zillions of jobs, and my husband's might be next. He works mostly in the housing building business, and as you all know, that's not doing very well. He has worked for two companies since I have known him, and both of them were bought out by the very same multinational corporation, which goes around basically eliminating all competition, which it has done. All the major corporations jobs are gone here now, only to be eliminated.
I know, it hasn't hit everywhere, especially among those in the media who all have a job...but here in the mid-west, it's pretty bad. Unless of course you work for the government, but they are even complaining that they are not getting their usual raises.
So far, he has made it through the first cuts. But we figure it's only a matter of time...soooooo
That means that we have to get ready for this, which means I have to spend time trying to figure out some way to make money.
We are like just like millions of other Americans, who are being faced with this downsizing of the middle class, unfortunately, each hour I spend blogging, is an hour away from trying to sell stuff around the house, or find something or someway to get cars paid..etc...to get ready for what's seems to be coming.
I do not plan to lose my house, or my car...so that means I must think about MONEY..you know..that stuff that feeds you.
Now, since I'm having a hard time NOT writing, I'm going to go ahead and post little thoughts. If I get a moment and some time to write longer stuff...then I will.
I just wanted to let you know, that I'm not actually sitting around taking bubble baths, watching my hair grow, petting my dogs...like most Americans...if I want to keep my house, I'd better try to do something...
And since I haven't made any REAL money, for over eight years...I'm really not sure what to do.
So...in the meantime...I will keep up my Nobody's nonsense...don't ask me why.
"Why do birds suddenly appear...everytime.......you are near?
Just like me, they long to be...close to you."
That about explains it. I long to be close to you.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home