Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Nobody Knows Where Oz Is



Nobody Knows: Tonight is the big night that Hillary Clinton will make her best bid for the Presidency in Denver at the Democratic convention,and oh my goodness! What is happening at the moment? The afternoon before her famous speech? A computer breakdown has got thousands of flights all over the eastern half of the United States...in limbo...and delays.

Interesting.

And just yesterday, four tornadoes were seen in....Denver?

Are we in OZ? No...we are in Clinton land! As many of us already know, lots of things happen when the Clintons get around airports...and speaking of airports...and flights of fantasy...and airbags of "oops"....

Nobody Knows why Obama thought he was in St. Louis, and then he said, after his young innocent daughter asked, "Where are you Daddy?"

"I'm in Kansas!" But he had already said he was in St. Louis. One has to wonder if he was over the "rainbow" yet, or just visiting some good-looking unknown witch of the Midwest?

"Well heck, Michelle, of course I was in Kansas! I don't know why she said I was in St. Louis."

Sounded like a classic cover up to me...

Nobody Knows: I'm a very "creative" person! I tell myself that all the time! Well, you don't have to be to creative to think up this...

About five years ago I was telling my husband since these big malls were going up all over the country, why didn't they just build small apartments on each end, and put every store and every thing that people would need to live. A drug store, grocery store, movie theater, kiddy places...and then they would never need cars! They could just walk out of their houses and go to the mall, regardless of weather...

And the other day, I opened up my paper and a local mall, which had failed due to bankruptcy, was going to be made into a complete "retirement" village, with apartments, etc...just like I thought.

So...are you still with me?

Old people are a problem...especially when driving. Japan is sending it's old people to Thailand to retire in specially made communities. And last week, GM announced it's electric car, due to come out in 2010.

They are really excited, finally a car that doesn't use gas! It only goes about 50 miles before needing to be recharged, but hey! So what? They say that 80% of the people of the United States do not go beyond 50 miles daily! (wonder why that is) Why in the world would they need to go further?

So...what they are going to call these little retirement communities, where most people will own electric cars, and will probably never leave their little mall in their lifetimes?

Heaven? Hell? Perdition? Malls of the toothless and gas less AARP members surging to their Wal-greens medications?

The future looks so bright, forget the shades, get out your boots. I have mine already.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home