Friday, October 17, 2008

Nobody Flashes In Dirt



Nobody Flashes;

This is me tonight. I'm not feeling too spiffy. I went out tonight, and well...I felt embarrassed to even be in the same company with the people around me...I felt so inferior in every way. I put myself down for whatever, could be something I said, my nervous habit of picking at my thumb....the way I look...it happens. It's a habit I know I need to break, but my synapses fight me on it.

I try not to get this way too often, but since I do, I find it's best just to go with it...Okay, I'm pretty sad.

And when I'm sad, I use songs to comfort...sometimes songs come into my head, and that's just because I was a musician (someone actually called me a musician tonight, something I haven't heard for a long time.) for so many years. And one of my favorite songs, is on an obscure Art Garfunkel album.

If I had the time, I would sing it and post it for you..but I don't...so here are the words, it's an old folk song. It will probably be meaningless to you, but since I'm not sure just how many people who read my pieces besides a few good friends...they will certainly allow me a breather.

It's called: MARY WAS AN ONLY CHILD

Mary was an only child, nobody held her, nobody smiled.

She was born in a trailer, wretched and poor.

Yet she shown like a gem, in a five and dime store.

Mary had no friends at all, just famous faces pinned to the wall.

All of them watched her, none of them saw.

That she shown like a gem at a five and dime store.

And if you saw the stars at night, and you find them shining equally bright.

You might have seen Jesus, and I have know what you saw

For he shown like a gem in a five and dime store.

Yes he shown like a gem in a five and dime store.

I really like the last verse. I think I'll go out and visit the stars tonight. I need to look for that dime...surly he shines in some star tonight? Surly....

I'll post again Monday....in the meantime...everyone have a GREAT weekend!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home