Thursday, December 25, 2008

Forget the Yacht



Nobody Flashes: It's Christmas night, and I just thought I post a picture of one of the presents I received this morning...

NOOOOT!

Actually, I got something much better, a Christmas Eve visit from my son, who grew up and left home, and came over all by himself last night and ate my "imitation turkey-Cornish hens," and told stories of how he is being a "step-dad" to three kids, and all the problems with being a "step-dad," and his dreams of someday buying a house, and taxes, and how we should just make Mexico the next state...

BUT...the most precious gift of all that he could have given me...was when he said:

"Mom, I barely have time with working to do ANYTHING! Now I know what you went through!"

You can't wrap that. That's golden. That SHOULD have been recorded. That kind of revelation cannot be bought at any store.

Forget the yacht. My finest hour has stood before me!

Besides, I'd looked really silly driving that up the Mississippi, and it darned sure wouldn't fit in my driveway.

Now, having said that: To all the moms and dads who didn't have their sons with them because they are soldiers out somewhere in the wide world...

Thank YOU for your finest moments--for it's because of the results of your efforts, the rest of us are reminded, that despite everything..the common man will prevail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home