Wednesday, August 26, 2009

You Want KennedySCARE? Okay.

Nobody Wins: I wish I could express sadness at the "news" today that this man has passed.

I felt great sadness when I heard about the young JFK Jr's death..but not today.

The fact is, his death only reminded me of my own father, who died of a brain tumor much the same as Mr. Kennedy's.

My father also lost a brother, in the War with Japan so he joined the Sea bees when he was only seventeen...and fought on beaches all over the Pacific.

And I'm hoping that while in the next few weeks we are going to hear over and over how much the Kennedy's have "sacrificed" for us all, don't forget, there are thousands of Americans families that have lost more than one son or daughter who died on battlefields in other countries...and their lives are worth JUST as much as any Kennedy...god...please don't forget that.

A "public servant" is no more noble than the soldier, despite the endless coverage of the "loss." And nowadays, I'd say the soldiers life is worth more.

While Teddy Kennedy's suffering came with great shock, he also had the comfort of millions with the whole country comforting him... most Americans parents, kids, or wives, only got a flag. Sometimes they didn't get that.

My father was a simple man. A good husband, a good father, and loved his country.

And even though, my father did not have the connections and great opportunites that Ted Kennedy was born into...one thing is certain.

My father would NEVER had let that poor girl drown at Chappaquiddick ...he would have given his own life for her. And he would have done it, even if he was from a very rich family and knew it would have cost his family embarrassment. If his father had tried to fix it, he would have stood up to him.

And that alone, makes my father the better man.

We will watch the re-branding of Obamascare into Kennedycare over the next month. We will probably even see his wife take his place.

However you name it...it's still scary.

Ted Kennedy...was all about...preserving Ted Kennedy and his fortunes and family legacy. For that, his family loves him I'm sure.

But as for the rest of us? Well, I don't know about you, but I think it's about time "Camelot" and all its lies go quietly into the Massachusetts sunset.

Right dad? Right.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home