Thursday, January 01, 2009

Nobody Makes A New Year's Resolution



Nobody's Perfect: This just about sums up my mixed feelings concerning the end of 2008, and the beginning of 2009.

By all accounts, and according to all reports, (Done by mostly pundits who make a really good living scaring the heck out of us all.) next year will be worse than WWI, WWII, the Civil War, the fall of the Roman Empire, Stalin's reign of Terror, the great depression, and Nancy Pelosi losing a nail---all rolled into one.

We can expect to "starve, lose our jobs, houses, cars, and ability to buy $100 shoes. We will be nuked, biologically attacked, raped by an illegal alien, lose our electric, get heat rash in the snow from global warming, crushed by crumbling highways, lose our homes to unforeseeable earthquakes, more fires, floods, tornadoes....and never again be able to afford season hockey tickets"...not necessarily in that order.

So, in order to give us all a bit of a kick...remember..in 1777, the Redcoats controlled New York City, Fort Ticonderoga was overtaken by the British in July, Washington lost the Battle of Brandywine, 300 Americans were killed at the Paoli Masacre, all our ammunition was destroyed due to rain, Vally Forge left bloody footprints in the snow, two of the Generals were alcoholics, the British captured Philadelphia, and the number of Congressmen went from 56 to 20, (Right now, that would be a blessing!) and France was not about to join in a losing effort.

All this before HD TV, and Monday night football.

The remaining delegates met in YORK, and all was about to be given up, when Sam Adams made this amazing rally:

"If we despond, public confidence is destroyed, the people will no longer yield their support to a hopeless contest, and American liberty is no more. Through the darkness which shrouds our prospect the ark of safety is visible. Despondency becomes not the dignity of our cause, nor the character of those who are its supporters."

He went on to say more great stuff...but you'll have to read the book: Samuel Adams..A Life, by Ira Stoll. It's a great work, well worth your depression buck.

S0....

Here's my Nobody New Year's Resolution: In the next year, I will strive to do my best, not to let the tremendous implications of what it means to have the Clintons and all their monkeys back in power, get the best of me. If it does, may I have a sense of humor at the right times..but:

I'm not perfect. Nobody's Perfect...There WILL be times when I will be so angry, and so full of the madness of it all, I might start getting really emotional. In those times, I beg of you to see me as what I'm proud to be...an American.

Really...if we don't fight for our country, then our men and women fighting in other countries will come home to tyranny, even if that tyranny is hard to trace.

Besides...we should fight for all those that fought before us.

I figure we owe it to them.

We should NOT let America and it's founding ideals be erased forever into the globalization of a handful of greedy and power hungry oligarchs, who have already set up a most formidable system to control us, and our children forever. Despite their denial, the facts are all around us.

This has not been overnight.

Personally, I think the odds are against us all...but I also remember the line from the Star Trek movie, when Captain Kirk was talking to Captain Picard, (or is it Pecard?) when they were both lost the Nexus---and the Captain Picard asked Kirk to come and help him save a planet. (They were both on horseback...remember?)

To which he asked if the odds of succeeding were impossible, and if there was danger?

"Yes, most certainly"

"Sound like fun." said Kirk.

Captain Kirk, okay, was an actor. But that scene was the perfect example of the American spirit of Sam Adams.

And since this is my first public resolution, I don't intend to break it. I count on you to hold me to it. In fact, keeping this one is going to be...easy.

Not getting mad when my dog pees on my carpet...

I might not make that resolution this year...maybe next. There is only so much perfection in one year I can manage.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home