Sunday, December 28, 2008

Some People Are More Noble



Nobody's Fool: Yes, this picture sums up my financial philosophy perfectly...and the way I feel right now, I pretty much look like her too.

This is for those of us who get our 401 K's fifty- page stuff reports and go..."Huh?"

I have a whole bit on the economy coming up soon...it's in my head...but..

Okay.

I forced myself to get up this morning

And...

I stood up...

And..

Ate a hard boiled egg...

And...FELT GREAT!!!

And...

Then an hour later the egg blew up...I'm sure somehow the football that Detroit lost ended up in my stomach....

Okay, I spent another day in bed....and then my dog ran out of food, at nine o'clock on a Sunday night! (Notice how I blamed her? Years of watching Bill Clinton will do that to you.)

So, I had to go grocery shopping just to feed the dog. I can't stand it when she scratches her empty bowl and looks at me like..."You're kidding me right? This sucker is EMPTY woman! I don't care if you're sick. It's YOUR responsibility to keep me in food! So WHAT if I already had two full bowls today! So what if each bowl cost the same price as a Happy Meal!? I'm hungry now!"

Did you know that Sunday nights at the grocery store are usually pretty quiet? I did managed to make it back, exploding stomach intact, and now I'm here, as the famous line from the Titanic "with you good people" having a good time.

This flu can't last too much longer...I called my son, who assured me it wasn't my cooking so that's the GOOD news, along with how great the "get well" wishes made me feel tonight!

Thanks to you both!

The bad news: Many people, unlike me, DO understand what happened to their 401'K's and they won't be getting any kind of Nobel prizes.---those will go to the US Treasury.

It just hasn't hit them yet. They think it's coming in the form of a "stimulus" package.

And speaking of "stimulus"...see ya tomorrow!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home