Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Nobody Rmemebers: The Pundit, Earl Jent


Nobody Remembers the day I got his e-mail...
My little "Snowball" had passed away---my dear parakeet whose death I had written about on my blog just to help my own grief.
After all, one is not suppose to grieve about the death of a bird...but this tough old soldier named Earl Jent, (that famous pundit) sent me his heartfelt condolences.
Imagine...a x-Marine understanding the mourning of what seemed to be such, in the scheme of things, especially in the light of all the deaths of the recent loss of life in Haiti, such an insignificant creature.
But Earl loved animals, especially cats. When you visited his site, there were always funny and endearing pictures of cats. And music. He loved music, and posted a wide variety for us all to enjoy. And he loved the best writers of the day. Earl had excellent taste!
If I wanted to find out the best articles written about America and our country, I went to Earl's site, called...Another Pundit. He would post it, and then save us all a lot of time. For this, he had an enormous following around the world.
Earl and I shared a love for Doug Powers, Ann Coulter, and Thomas Sowell, and also I found out, the desire to hide our foreheads. He sent me this recent picture and said, "I wore that hat in the photo because I have too much forehead and the reflected light might hurt someone's eyes."
Earl had hats, I still have my bangs.
Everyday I would look forward to his e-mails, which many times would uplift my day. He worried about his wife Bea, who had suffered health problems, and never ONCE mentioned the fact that he was not well himself.
Typical of a soldier---men who so often bear the pain for the rest of us.
Anyway...I didn't know him long, but long enough to know, that he will be missed by many around the world.
I will always think of Earl as the tough guy with the heart of a kitten. He once sent me this photo of a parakeet and a kitten, and every time I look at it, I will try not to cry, but there you go...I make no promises on that account. I'm not a Marine.
I kiss you goodnight, dear sir, and may God be with you now, your Bea, and the ones that loved you. I'm sure I speak for the many who say, the world is a little less bright without Another Pundit....there will be no other, Earl---you hold the title.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much. Another Pundit's Wife

5:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amfortas says:

Any friend of yours Joy is a friend of mine.

My condolences to Another Pundit's Wife.

2:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi I want to add one more story. Earl had a Hamster named Sunshine. When she felt alone, she would pack her jaw's and take a trip, they are good about this. She was hunting for Earl and would fine him asleep and sit on his chest to eat her food. He use to take her to the store and she would ride in his pocket. It broke his heart when she left him. He has lots of those friends waiting for him.So Joyanna don't ever feel bad about your little bird, he had birds also. He was a very good person. His first picture is ok but the second one show's the pain he was in. God Bess you for writing this story. He loved his blog and all his visitor's. Another Pundit's Wife

11:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

201510.10dongdong
hollister uk sale
Michael Kors Handbags Clearance Outlet
Coach Luggage Bags Outlet Sale Online
toms outlet
michael kors outlet
jordan shoes
cheap ugg boots
Louis vuitton Official Website Outlet Online
Toms Outlet Store Online
michael kors outlet
true religion jeans
coach outlet
Louis Vuitton Online Shop Stores
canada goose jackets
coach factory outlet
Louis Vuitton Neverfull Tote Bag
coach outlet online
Gucci Outlet Store Locations
authentic louis vuitton handbags
michael kors outlet
canada goose jackets
abercrombie store
michael kors outlet
Louis Vuitton Outlet Mall Store
coach outlet online

6:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

tiffany & co
louis vuitton purses
retro jordan shoes
louis vuitton
louis vuitton handbags
ray ban sunglasses
air jordan shoes
chanel handbags
ralph lauren
oakley sunglasses canada
2016.12.22chenlixiang

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home