Friday, December 22, 2006

Nobody Talks To God

Nobody’s Opinion; It’s almost Christmas. I can feel the “spirit” approaching, as sure as if I was on a train going 900-miles an hour in the dark---anticipating my stop coming up. My thoughts tonight are, like they always are when I’m a little tired: mixed up, random, going too fast to catch and hold…like flashes of stars they drift in no particular order, in no meaning.

Let this go on for too long, and it can become like a bumper car ride.

So, tonight with lots of nobody thoughts dancing around in my sugarplum fairy brain, I decided to let everyone at MND in on my thoughts tonight as I talk to God:

Put in your two cents if you like, I’m sure he won’t mind.

Dear God; Thanks a lot tonight for helping me get through this day of walking through four huge shopping malls, on a sore foot, with a cranky husband, and not once did I react in pain or anger at my husbands’ wanting to strangle some teenage who ran in to him by mistake, or some person who cut him off in traffic. You gave me the strength to bear the fact that he wasn’t feeling well, and he was hungry, and he still had to sit at the doctor’s office, for hours waiting for me to get x-rays.

And also, thanks for giving me the strength to forgive my doctor who thinks all people should just get used to the fact that they are going to die--- horribly, miserably, fat, diseased, and deformed.

God love him.

And God, I don’t know what you have done to the people in my neighborhood, but everyone has really gone out with the Christmas displays this year. The poor really know how to celebrate. Tonight we passed through the rich neighborhoods, and they were all dark… no lights whatsoever. I counted only ONE Christmas tree!

I feel so sorry for them. Not even one little light! For miles!

Those poor rich people must be working so hard they can’t even put a few lights up. No wonder some of them are so lost.

But you never fail to light up our whole poor neighborhood with joyous reindeers and Santa’s; it’s like a contest of Christmas happiness! Thank you Lord!

The middle classes are being downsized, but they are NOT going to let anyone spoil their Christmas spirit! One is tackier than the next…but it’s fabulous.

One guy down the street has a natively scene in his front yard that is lit up and so huge, that I’m sure all the pilots taking off from the nearby airport are looking down and going “Wow…look…there’s baby Jesus!”

And I just KNOW I’m going to love my next door neighbor’s Christmas music special that she does at church. (She’s the director) There’s nothing like forty huge bells, ringing Silent Night at the midnight mass. The choirs…the respect…the love for you pouring out on everyone’s face. It’s the human race at it’s finest.

Hey, I even like the walk there and back!

It would be nice Lord if you could watch my dog Zippy a little more, and get her to quit chewing up our Christmas tree lights. It’s really getting to be a pain. Thanks.

And God…what a WONDERFUL job you did with the neighbor lady on the corner. Even though she lost her 37- year old husband to lung cancer this year, leaving her with a small 2- year old son to raise and two other older children…she has held up unbelievably well with the busloads of her church members coming and going, and helping her out however they can.

The other day, some teenage girl was putting up lights on her roof to help her out. I sure hope she likes the ‘angel’ I got her. I hope her boy Daniel likes the big Teddy Bear I bought for him. Somehow, I just know she will do okay.

On another note, Lord…America has had a hard year…and I’m hoping you might just help the ones of us out here who are trying to save her…you know, a little divine intervention?

Heck, a few miracles. Hillary losing the run for President would be nice. I know that’s a big order, but it really is in the best interests of the world.

Well, hey…you’ve had a hard year too, haven’t you? Many forces are at work to wipe your name from every stone, every holy site, even our Supreme Court and off our money. As you know, they are succeeding in many cases.

But, they are not wiping you out of the American heart. I heard that over 80 percent of the people here believe in you… as I do.

Yes, I know…evil is rising. But you’ve seen that before. I know you will be there for whoever wants to reach out for you. It’s so simple, and yet, so hard. This is not the first time or the last we will see it come for us.

But, we must get ready. We will be ready…the evil within must be dealt with first. Light the fire back in our men…get them going, most of them just need a little push.

And God, thank you so much for introducing me to the MND site. All the writers, each and every one of them, are just…well, more than great. How you ever thought to somehow give me a chance with all these great writers, I will never know, but I humbly thank you for that.

You know I’d just go crazy if I couldn’t express my wide range of opinions.

What…you say you had nothing to do with it?…it was Mike LaSalle and some other people? Ah….but who made Mike LaSalle? Ha! Got ya.

(It’s always a good day when you can up one on the Lord!)

Anyway Lord…please be patient with us all down here. Most of us struggle every day with just trying to figure out how to get by. Sometimes just listening to the news makes a person want to become “little Big Man.”

We are all praying for our brave and wonderful soldiers all over the world. You truly have blessed this country with the most wonderful hearts, the greatest imaginations, and men and woman of the greatest spirits.

Please help us to make our ancestors proud.

And even though they do not happen to be in the positions of power at the moment, due to the fact that most wonderful, wise, and great leaders DO NOT happen to have 100 millions dollars to run for office, hopefully the people will start demanding a change.

I pray that you will not let this great country go down, not be high jacked by the powerful, by the terrorists, or even by Al Gore. (Sorry, I just had to include him)

Well, I’ve got to go. Tomorrow I have to figure out something to get my brother, who I can never EVER figure out what to buy. For some reason, that “moving” picture of a sandy beach that we gave him last year, has never been seen by anyone in the family.

I could use some suggestions.

I think I’ll leave my husband at home, he needs a break.

And God, just one more thing. Thanks for giving us your son…the one whose birthday is celebrated tomorrow…the one who somehow managed to give the world the most perfect guidance of how to live life on earth…you could not have given a more precious gift.

Not to mention, his very life, and his unconditional love.

WAIT..I almost forgot! .. Please, don’t let me forget to put the black olives out on the table this year like I did last year. It’s just a little thing, I know, but my son loves them.

It’s the least a mother can do.

Nobody’s Perfect; I’ve been thinking about this. I know forgiveness is the right thing to do being as its Christmas and all. I can see you forgiving Brittany Spears Lord, as she is not playing with a full set of analytical processors, but if I were you, I’d think again about Sandy Burger. Everyone else has let him off for his crime at the National Archives, but maybe you could come up with something…

Nobody Knows; When we pray, is it as comforting as holding your spouses hand? On a scale of one to ten…is it more comforting, or less?

Nobody Cares; I know nobody cares about the silly ramblings in my mind, but really, the political news sometimes needs a big break, it can be so maddening. We must all watch our cortisol levels…God would want us to.

Besides…Christmas is all around! Ain’t it great! Merry Christmas!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stickers Quotesenlargementtocanvas is a lengthy process.
Stern replied that he didn't use a light to expose the room to Threadless, the people of the day, brought Seabass in third. To satisfy New York State car-inspection sticker. 8 per print that they develop.

Also visit my web blog: create stickers

4:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home