Tuesday, November 04, 2008

One Too Many Gin and Tonics



Nobody Cares: Today...I came into my little office and my picture of Sam Adams standing in Boston had tilted, far to the left.

It's standing there by a hair...I'm just going to leave it that way...I took it as a sign, since nothing short of an earthquake could have moved it.

And since there is not much else to say at the moment, I won't.

But I will reprint some old song lyrics that seem to fit the moment:

It's from an old Bob Dylan album and It's called:

One Too Many Mornings

Down the street the dogs are barkin' and the day is a-gettin' dark

As the night comes in a-fallin; The dogs'll lose their bark

An the silent night will shatter from the sounds inside my minds

For I'm one too many mornings and a thousand miles behind.

It's a restless hungry feeling that don't mean no one no good

When ev'rything I'm a sayin' you can say it just as good

You're right from your side and I'm right from mine

We're both just one too many mornings an' a thousand miles behind.

Labels: