Tuesday, March 16, 2010

St. Patty's Day

Nobody Cares: Okay...I have no clue what I'm doing when it comes to computers...especially my new one...I might as well be a whale with no thumbs...but every St. Patty's day I try to send an Irish song to that devil of an Irish man...Mr. Doug Powers.

I worked on the video all day yesterday, and may I say like a true Irish winer...I was the biggest pain in the rear to myself, that if I could have sold myself yesterday to the nearest Scotman, for the price of a potato...I would have.

God, in his wisdom, will give this gift to my Aussie friend..amfortas, who by the way...hates the Irish because he actaully has met a few of the real deals in Ireland. And did you know that there are more Irish in New York than Ireland?

You would if you were there today.

As for meself...I am of the Welsh ancestery, therefore that explains WHY I can always sing on key. I may not sing well on key, but have you ever heard a Frenchman sing on key?

You have not.

So, my rendition of Danny Boy is somewhere in the lost archieves of Youtube, where no doubt, someone will stumble upon it one day, (while going through the other 22,000 versions) and say..."Begone...that lass is NOT Irish, be don me moter")

And then God will smite down his bag of potatoes.

Anyway, every one have a good day...and if you don't like the Irish...what can I say?

My sincerest condolances to Mr. Powers for having to miss such an incredible rendition.



Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Joyanna Adams said...

Oh my god...who is THAT?

&^$%...one version was enough.
Somebody shot that girl and put her out of her misery.

10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amfortas hastens:

....to put your reader's minds at rest, Joy. I do not 'hate' the Irish at all. By the Lord Harry, no. No, no, no. Tut. The very idea,

I take the same view of the Irish as for any mad person with an uncontrollable urge to blow up random shoppers in Malls. It is a compassionate mode flavoured with a legitimate desire to have even madmen account for the damage they do.


I do realise too that there are many more Irish folk in America than in Ireland. It is to do with the same genetic predisposition that distinuishes them from the Welsh (who often sing beautifully) and the English. No, I do not mean the madness - although America's immigration policy has been going downhill right from the start and the Irish got in before even the Mexicans, so perhaps a connection needs to be looked for), but their swimming ability.

When the Romans invaded our Green and Pleasant Land, the English stood their ground; the Irish and Welsh ran but the Welsh stopped at the coast. The Irish didn't. They swam as fast as their four-leafed hands and webbed feet allowed and while many stopped when they reached Ireland many more just kept going right across the Atlantic after the shortest of rests to catch their breath. Whilst resting they sniffed deep at the Blarney bog's odours in an attempt to improve their foreign language skills for their eventual destination.

Once there in the New World many were employed as telephone operators.

1:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amfortas (again) observes..:

...that the lady? in the photo atop is clearly Irish. She has a possum on her head in lieu of a Leprachaun.

1:47 AM  
Blogger Joyanna Adams said...

Ah....of course you don't "dislike" all the Irish!Just the ones that blow up malls!

Just as I do not dislike all the Muslims...just the ones that blow up malls!

I was in my own "pink elephant" mind just making silly statements regarding the insanity of the world, that is getting by the hour, more out of control.

And I do believe you are right dear sir..that IS a possum...only an Irish maid could catch a possum because as I recall, many an Irish man refused to marry until the poor women were will past their prime and they ended up in America as fabulous nannies.

(Ha!)

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home