Sunday, May 09, 2010

Happy Belated Mother's Day!


Oh..sorry...I forgot...it was Mother's DAY!
Why did I forget? Are you kidding? I was busy eating pineapple and Canadian pizza with my son. And then I watched him play Mario Brothers for over two hours, on his Wii system...and IT STILL HAS THE SAME DORKY MUSIC THAT IT DID TWENTY-FIVE YEARS AGO!!!
Now, tell me mothers don't get enough credit. Whoever wrote that song should do ten years in Gitmo! (Just kidding...well...)
Okay, so I bought him his first one. I only watched him play that game for a good eight years of my life...total hours...4,900,333,000,200...(Dave Barry Time) but that is still less time that it will take to pay off our deficit.
But it was worth it all to get flowers and a card, and to see what a fine young man my son has become. I have the most wonderful son in the world.
Well...don't you? (My son is better!)
What? Most mothers do that you know...believe their kids are better than anyone else's. It's a most obnoxious trait that is NOT our faults. I call it the Mother/God defect...it's in our DNA mother load.
What else is life about but love and survival?
This mother's day I took a new approach. I let myself celebrate the miracle of life, and the fact that despite my many blunders and long lists of imperfections as a parent...my son turned out better than my wildest dreams.
God did a mighty fine job, I had nothing to do with it...all I did was wrap my feathers around him forever...and isn't this just the cutest picture?
I'll get back to my usual grumpy self tomorrow. But today, I hope all the mothers had a memorable one, and remember...it's our most important job.
Sorry moms...I was late in wishing you well, but if you're a mom...you will forgive me, because that's what moms do best.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amfortas asks...

if your son plays the drums. It would be great to have a drum roll as you came in on Mother's Day !

:)

4:51 AM  
Blogger Joyanna Adams said...

Hey...I play the drums! I should have done it myself. I DID keep singing "Happy Birthday" to me, because I was celebrating giving birth...and he didn't get the joke.

Which is why he is my son.

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home