Wednesday, September 20, 2006

The Fathers of Rainbows

Nobody’s Opinion; I saw my first rainbow at a baseball park. I was there with my dad for my brother’s little league game. I was two years younger than my seven-year old brother, and boy was I jealous of him. He got to play ball just because he was a boy….not fair. He even got to be the star pitcher.

Girls were not allowed to play ball at that time. (Yes, I am as old as a turtle) My dad, knowing I was a tomboy and loved to play ball, let me warm up the catcher---Rocky.

Naples, Florida was a little town of about 10,000 at the time. It had just rained, and it was about three o’clock in the afternoon, when suddenly--- there it was. Bright against the black clouds, the most glorious colored rainbow that ever appeared on earth.

It was huge…ruling the whole sky. My God! What a vision to first behold! Do you remember your first time? Who could imagine such a sight?

In fact, three good reasons to believe in a divine higher power are Clydesdales horses, the workings of the human body, and a glorious rainbow.

Every time I ponder on any of these miracles, I swear I see god. (And no, I’m not radical.) Anyway, those are my tickets to the divine.

But back to the story: my brother asked my dad if it was true that there was a pot-of-gold at the end of a rainbow, and my dad, who was a man’s man, who had been a Seabee over in the Philippines during WWII, laughed and said...”Well, why don’t you go run and find out?”

Visions of just how rich we would be danced through our dumb little brains. We both took off, and ran, and ran, and ran…well, to my credit; I figured out reality first…which was:
1. The rainbow’s end looked closer than it actually was.
2. I would probably get lost and miss dinner if I kept going.
3. My brother would get there first so why bother?

I told my brother to stop, dad was fooling us…but like trooper, he actually thought he could get there and be rich. My dad got a good laugh out of it.

He got back just in time for the game. Darn.

Now, I have got to say…that’s one of the great differences between men and woman. A woman, if asked that question, would have talked, and said something like “Isn’t it pretty! Of course there is no such thing as a pot of gold at the end of that rainbow.”

And then she would have gone on doing her nails.

Men, even though it seems like they are playing a cruel joke on their kid by making them run for nothing, know the kid will learn more far more from the experience. Men teach differently.

And girls, I hate to break it to you…the man’s way is superior for obvious reasons.

Maybe that’s why we are in such deep trouble now. Too many men have been raised without fathers.

Which leads me to the point…Most adults know the difference between reality and the pot-of- liberal-gold at the end of the rainbow.

Notice I said “most.”

So now, since we are at a time in history, when it seems we are at the precipice of a major decision in our existence, let’s go back to a time when another “father” saw an enemy, which had to be dealt with: A man who tried to awaken people with his “Common Sense,” from their sleep.

“Like a man who continues putting off some unpleasant business from day to day, yet knows it must be done, hates to set about it, wishes it, and is continually haunted with the thoughts of its necessity.” Thomas Paine

Thomas Paine was trying to tell the American people the Revolution and war for Independence must be fought, as hard as it was. And the American people back then, were pretty much like us now…hesitant.

It was plain today, that President Bush was trying to make his plans understood a little more clearly to the world with his speech at the United Nations.

He might as well have been talking to a room full of Willie Nelson’s mushrooms.

This “ideological” battle between very ancient civilizations known as the East, against those the West is coming to a head, and our leaders have known it for a long time

But, like Thomas Paine has said…it was just such unpleasant business nobody wanted to confront it. All of our leaders past and present just kept putting it off.

Then two building came down.

I can’t speak for him, but from listening to what he has been simply saying, President Bush figures he might as well be the one who stands up to this festering and ancient hatred at last.

He’s hoping that, like the Japanese, who we once fought with all the hatred we could feel, someday our Muslim enemies will be our friends.
It is clear he sees this as a very long world conflict. We can’t fight the religion of Islam…but by going over and trying to start some sort of democracy; he figures he can put the seeds in for twenty years down the road. The old fight between the East and the West will disappear.

The trouble is, during WWII, our leaders were united. Our people were UNITED.

Not now. Now, we have the Clintons and the Gores, and the Ted Turners, the uneducated and narcissistic movie stars, and the whole democratic caucus, undermining him, making us a sure target.

After all, it’s not THEM that are going to die, and they know it.

Our first President George Washington had this problem too. Thomas Jefferson and Madison were fighting so violently everyday, and in all the papers, that he got them together and begged them to stop it, because he was fearful that foreign powers would see how divided we were and we would be vulnerable to attack.

Another founding “father” who did not chase rainbows, said:

“People have an undisputable, unalienable, indefeasible divine right to the most dreaded and envied kind of knowledge, I mean of the characters and conduct of their rulers.” John Adams.

Of course he was talking about the British rulers.

So if nobody else has the guts to say it, it’s about time someone did.

The democrats are traitors. They have been destroying our country, and working with the rest of the world, with the Chinese, with Castro, with Iran, with our enemies, because hey want back in power.

Remember when President Bush said “If you are not with us, you are against us?”

You know what? That was the motto of one of the first papers in our country. It was called the Gazette of the United States and with every issue was printed;

“He that is not for us is against us.”

The “patriotic” democrats want you to think that this statement by President George Bush was nothing short of insane.

Instead of hating Bush, we should hate the Muslims that want us dead. No wonder Ahmadinejad sounds just like a democrat running for Congress. He knows we are divided. He knows the time to attack is now.

The Muslims never experienced their renaissance. They had no Da Vinci’s, no Michelangelo’s, no Einstein’s, no Magna Carter, no genius to lift them up. The only thing they had was Kings, ruling serfs in the sand.

Who knows why they never advanced?

But, these kings certainly knew how to use religion to control, that fact alone gives them a very strong advantage over us. Let’s not kid ourselves.


So, not only are there more Muslims, they are united in a purpose.

And every democrat that continues in this President Bush basing, that continues to attack Christianity, that continues to attack “the family,” that continues to push the rights of our emeinies before the rights of its citizens, is putting us one day closer to another attack.

Those attacking us every day, like our ex-Presidents, want world power now. They want their old jobs back…but enhanced. And if it means some of us die, so be it.

They are not concerned with America, but the world and their power in it. American sovereignty, like the old making way for the young, like a doctor having to decide which man to take first from the battlefield, will just have to be sacrificed.

They are willing to let the Kings of the Sand be armed with nuclear weapons.

Ahmadinejad said, “We must prepare ourselves to rule the world.”

So what are we going to do? Believe that he really is a nice guy? He has a rainbow waiting for us?

Or make our fathers proud and stand up to our enemies within first, then the ones outside.

If you have any questions, look on the next dollar you hand over to Starbucks.

”United we Stand, Divided we fall.”

Think about it.

Nobody’s Perfect; Okay. I got a little too serious on this blog, but really, if my dad taught me one thing, it was don’t waste time chasing rainbows when you could miss the ballgame.

Nobody Knows: It seemed Clinton was everywhere today. And oh, how brave Hillary was to protect the Pope. Bill stuck up for those “Dumb Bushes” and said they were really clever because they asked questions. And while old Bill was posing for all the cable programs, Thailand had a military coup. I wonder if his old friends from “the Lippo Group,” you know, those billionaires business guys from over there who financed Clinton’s first Presidential run were part of it? Practicing Bill?

Nobody Cares; I still have a picture of “Rocky” the catcher. Years later, when I was twelve, he asked his high school if he could bring me to his high school dance. It was my first date, and it was where I learned that Rocky had a crush on me ever since I use to
”warm him up.”

My first date actually did have a pot-of-gold at the end of it…the innocence of youthful love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home