Monday, January 21, 2008

A Dream Extended On



Nobody Flashes Anymore: In honor of the great Martin Luther King's speech "I had a dream" yesterday, I was thinking that...Hmmmm--- that's a great idea Martin! Maybe we should extend this wonderful day to not only include racial equality, justice for all, but a plane in every driveway!

This is my dream. To win the lottery, and buy a house just like John Travolta's, here in Florida. One where I can have my own jet and pull it right up to my house...with my own airfield.

Of course I would need a pilot.

Also, I would like to see somebody else besides Bill Clinton making his same old tired speech every year, in his usual black baptist church, telling the story about about how he cried at 17 when he heard Martin Luther King.

Somehow, it's hard to imagine Bill Clinton at seventeen crying about anything, unless one girlfriend had found out about the other.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a day of great guys like Bob Parks, Justice Clarence Thomas, Thomas Sowell...you know...on TV carrying on the great traditions of Mr. King....that the dream we live, in order to be arrived at, has to be felt by all Americans...black, white, green, red, ...fat, skinny,....and most importantly...legal!

And the only way to get there is get on with it, using common sense and individual pride. Christian values, laws of our founders, and judging man to man on character alone.

As Martin said...colorblind.

United we stand, divided we fall as they say. And the sooner everyone figures that out, the sooner we realize that the democrats are keeping us divided, uneducated and poor... the better we will be.

And with that thought in mind...I would include a moat and some palm trees on this...maybe a golf course, lots more plants....

Labels: