Monday, March 16, 2009

Nobody's Sings on St. Patty's Day (Right.)

Nobody's Perfect: Last year, I posted an Irish song to my incommensurable friend and mentor...Mr. Doug Powers. He is a fantastically talented and witty writer that I read every day, and will till the day he decides to stop writing, or I decide to stop making a fool of myself...

Which will never happen. I will continue to make the biggest fool of myself possible--it's one of the best parts of getting older.

And I do it so very easily as you can see from this video. If you listen closely, you will hear that I'm trying to insert Doug's name into the traditional Irish song, "Mary, the Rose of Tralee" and end up imagining Doug by a fountain somewhere in Ireland, with Mary, and got so flustered at that thought...that I lost my place, and my train of thought: my Scottish hat fell off (kind of) ...and well...there you go. Irish silliness abounds even if you don't have a lick of Irish in you.

Nevertheless, one thing IS certain, I'm proof that Nobody's Perfect...but that never stopped me from singing to my very best Irish friend, nor should it you.

Everyone have a great St. Patty's Day! And if you, like me, feel an inclination to be as big a happy camper as me on this springtime St. Patty's day...then be sure to go enjoy Mr. Doug Powers--- just Google his name...and thank your lucky stars that you found him...

and also...that this nobody sings Irish songs only once a year.

Okay, maybe I sing a few at Christmas too...don't tell anybody.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Doug said...

Bravo! (throwing roses and somebody else's underwear on stage)

2:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home