Thursday, September 02, 2010

Nobody Plans to Save On Property Taxes















Nobody Reports: I just found out something wonderful! I can get off from paying my extremely high property taxes! You see, all you need is a museum.
If you are familiar with the Cabala's sports stores, you might, like me, have wandered amoung the vast and huge merchandising sporting stores, and been more amazed at the aquarium, the stuffed polar, grizzly bears, foxes, bulls, rabbits...Why it's just so nice of them to entertain us like this!
That's what I thought. What a great idea! Add a bit of interior animal education to the shopping experience!
Than I found out that the REAL reason behind keeping all the taxidermy dead stuff is this: Cabala's can save from paying much in property taxes by running the faux museum as a non-profit guaranteeing that part of the building forever be exempt from property taxes.
Oh, also, when these big chain store open up they usually don't' have to pay taxes for a certain amount of years, and they also get to keep the sales tax.
Remember that next time you see a Wal-Mart.
No wonder our libraries are closing.
So..why can't I copy the big boys? I'm going to claim I have a non-profit sword museum. Heck, I'll even put in my great-grandmother's old china from England...and that big prehistoric axe found on my grandfather's farm on display in my front window.
If the Cabala's can do it...why can't I?
(Nobody Makes this stuff up.)

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amfortas says:......

By the Lord Harry, woman. Is that room in your house? Are those knives all yours?

Do the Muslims down the road know about them?

:)

2:47 AM  
Blogger Joyanna Adams said...

I think I live with a secret serial killer..(just kidding...uh...well...I...)

A smart man collects all kind of knives and keeps them on the wall to remind the wife that no matter what...he is always right.

And no...they don't. Think I should call them over for tea?

3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amfortas replies....

I speak as a chap with a sword ( I used to wear a sword for 'occasions'; it was otherwise kept in the Base Armoury) and a Kukri which was given to me by a Gurkha soldier many years ago after a 'firefight' in the Borneo jungle. He was quite pleased with my small interventions - not just on his behalf, I might add!.

5:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home