Monday, March 17, 2008

Wake the Irish!

Everyone has a mentor. Mine is the incredible Doug Powers. He not only is an incredible writer whose voice is so unique that if you follow Doug to the pot of gold at the one and only Doug Powers rainbow, you will be rewarded beyond any expectations.

So, like all good students, I wanted to "honor" my friend and send him an Irish song...because--well Doug is Irish...or his mother's Irish.

I wanted him to wake up to an e-mail from me, singing to start off his St. Patrick's Day. Some people would consider that torture, but I figured, what could Doug do?

He doesn't know where I live.

But as my husband always says "People in hell want ice water." There are now about fifteen versions of this in my video library on my computer, which I could not fit into an e-mail, because I'm just...

Let's not go there.

It is now 10.30 pm. St. Patty's day is almost over.

This tape was made last Friday night in a "tipsy" stupor of silliness. And it's now Monday night and pardon my yelling Doug...but

IF I EVER HAVE TO DO SOMETHING SO COMPLITCATED AGAIN, I'M JOINING THE ARMY!

Sorry.

Let's just hope you remember, it's the thought that counts.

Anyone else can skip the tape...it's almost annoying.

But if you watch it, don't say I didn't warn you.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home