David Brooks: Looking for a Brain
Nobody Wins when your usual Times’s reporter can’t find the time to fix his teeth. David Brooks sits across from Charlie Rose, pontificating about how smart, elite people should really run the world, and oh, by the way, he just happens to be among the ‘smart’. This is why I suppose he can’t find the time to fix his teeth…he’s too busy being “smart.”
I don’t follow this man, but for someone who likes to think he is one of the most intelligent beings on the planet, I say, he might want to worry more about his teeth and less about the operation of the “brain” (His latest book) because in his case, there’s not much hope for the latter.
David has a big, cracked tooth in the front…you know, he looks like that Hillbilly truck driver that the élites like to make fun of. Yeah, take him out of the suit and he looks like an old Tennessee billboard to “Smokin’ Joe’s Barbeque.”
And that’s just a nobody submission.
Here are a few points from his oh- so-nullifying conversation:
1. He just can’t understand what has happened to the popularity of the great Obama? At first he thought those tea party people were “weird wackos” until it was reported that there are more of them, than the Democratic or Republican party…shocking. This HAS to be a problem with the “brain.” (More about this later) So, in order to explain this hard-to-explain phenomenon, he blames Nancy Pelosi.
Obama let the Congress write the Health Care Bill…Obama SHOULD have taken more of a part in it, says David.
(I guess, Obama being on TV everyday saying that it was his wishes that the whole Health Care Bill be pushed through, even though Congress had not even read it---somehow that point missed David’s great, “smart” brain.)
2. David also thinks it’s unfair that Obama is being accused of not “crossing’ the isles. Why, he offered cutting Medicare…My god!…What more do those Republicans want?
(It has yet to dawn on David that one of the complaints of the tea partiers is that exact problem. All their lives, taxes were pulled out of their paychecks, with the promise of it being returned as Medicare in their old age, and now, he wants to cut them off.)
3. David said, “Scott Brown ran as Obama,” that was why he was elected. (Does that mean if Sarah Palin runs as Obama, she will be elected?) He also believes not all is not lost; Obama can win another six years because he is so…wonderful.
(The brain power in this reasoning is overwhelming.)
4. David believes in Hamiltonian government, which he says is really smart people being in charge of everyone’s life and solving all the problems.
(Yes, communism will now be called Hamiltonian. That’s what clever, smart people do. Think up spiffy and clever, smart people spin. Wait for it.)
5. David remarks that Obama’s failure in the first year was that he was understaffed. And he mentions the fact that in years past, more people were educated than now. Now only the great, coastal (people who live on the coasts) smart people are capable of running the world, because don’t you know; only educated people “trust” the government.
(Let’s not tell him why that is.)
6. He has come to the conclusion that the elder people will just have to come to their senses and “give” to the younger generation,
(*Translation: Die off, give up your SS, your Medicare, your homes, so that the young Mexicans can take over and transform the country into the China that Charlie Rose and the globalists want.)
Yes, David was clearly upset. All those dumb people, you know, the vast portion of the dumb, need to be studied because let’s face it---How do we stop the next generation from being so stupid?
So he has been studying the brain, and its formation. Here’s where it gets good.
To enlighten us, David gives this example. ---
If you put a four–year-old in a room with a marshmallow, and tell him he can have two marshmallows if he waits ten minutes, the ones that eat the marshmallow will grow up to be a moron. The kid who holds off eating the marshmallow will grow up to be “educated.”
So, what we need is to train the mothers (no mention of dads) to teach their children—self-control.
(Translation: future feminists need to get their kids used to being controlled.)
Also…future kids need to be taught that someday, all those heavy taxes that are taking out of their paychecks…will pay off.
(Go ahead; if you are NOT a smart elite, you can laugh here.)
Is it any wonder that tea partiers scare this poor man? Sarah Palin is his worse nightmare.
Whenever you see a toothless rich man worried about the dumb people in the country spoiling it for the rich, smart, coastal elites---you have to wonder: Even a really dumb truck driver wiykd fix his teeth if he had the money.
I guess the smart, educated David Brooks, just hasn’t figured that out yet.
He might need a brain transplant for that one.